From the Blog
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
If you can't do EVERYTHING, start with these three!
Keep Your Garden Beautiful
It’s always a good week to do something good for the community or to support a cause that’s important to you. Here are a few opportunities happening this week. Keep Waco
Beautiful is holding their Spring COMPOST, TOPSOIL, and MULCH Sale tomorrow at the Farmer’s Market. They are selling organic compost, topsoil, and mulch provided by their partners, Living Earth - Waco! All products are $4.00 a bag. The sale will be from 9am-3pm....or until they run out! All Living Earth products are made from recycled yard waste from WACO. All proceeds benefit Keep Waco Beautiful.
Get Interview Ready
The East Waco Library is hosting a couple of Job Hunting Workshops. The first one, Tomorrow from 10 to noon, will focus on resume writing and how to use the work in Texas Website. Then on Thursday from 5 to 7, there will be a workshop on interview skills. Both workshops are free and open to the
Shoot for a Cure
The American Cancer Society is holding its annual “Shooting for a Cure” skeet shoot tomorrow morning. Registration starts at 9 and the shooting begins at 10. Round up all your skeet shooting buddies and head out to Weber’s Shooting Range on the I-35 frontage road in Troy. Ammo is provided and loaner guns are available. All shooters will receive breakfast, beverages, and lunch after the event. Tickets start at $100 per person and can be purchased on the 2020 Waco Cattle Baron’s Ball website.
This week in the news
Good Neighbor Waco, a Christian non-profit organization, is seeking singles or married couples to serve an average of 7-10 hours per week in exchange for partially subsidized rent. Resident workers live in private quarters on site. A portion of their service hours involves hosting groups using the community rooms at 2301 Colcord Ave. and participating in household upkeep or administrative work. With their remaining service hours resident workers are encouraged to create and run neighborhood projects in their areas of interest including the arts, urban gardening, community engagement, education, worship, etc. Applicants would commit to 9-12 months of live-in service, to begin June, July, or August 1 (with specific dates and roles to be discussed during the application process). Residents must be able to live and work well with others and contribute meaningfully to community living. Applicants over 21 are preferred, although exceptions may be made. Good Neighbor does not discriminate by race, gender, gender expression, ethnicity, nationality, age or sexual identity. Although we expect settlers and board members to be Christian in order to follow our mission, activities at Good Neighbor are not restricted by religion.
For more information and an application please contact [email protected]
Jobs & Job Related
Send your job openings to [email protected]
- Advocacy Center: Prevention Educator
- Prosper Waco is seeking an Adolescent Health Communications Coordinator. For more information and to apply, visit the Indeed page for the position.
- Compassion Waco is seeking a new executive director to lead and direct daily activities with the objective of maximizing efforts of all personnel in meeting the mission of the organization. To apply, send letter of interest, resume, list of references, and writing sample to [email protected]. Only complete submissions will be considered. See the full position description on Compassion's website.
- Waco Family Medicine: currently have approximately 34 positions open. Click here to view their postings.
- Job Openings at ESC Region 12:
- PEIMS Support/Department Assistant
- Child Nutrition Specialist
- Secretary II
Ascender Student Software Analyst
Digital Marketing & Communications Manager
View All Job Openings: https://esc12.tedk12.com/
- Immediate part-time and seasonal needs at Mission Waco Meyer Center. Visit their website for more information.
- Social Media Coordinator
- Children's Program Engineer Class Coordinator
- Jubilee Food Market General Manager
- Street Sweep Employment Program - Shift Manager
- Seasonal - Part Time - Program Staff
- My Brother's Keeper Shelter - Afternoon Monitor
- HMIS/Evening Shuttle Monitor
- Various Openings - World Cup Cafe & Fair Trade Market
- Meyer Center Front Desk
- Customer Servise Rep/Cashier
- McLennan Community College – For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board.
- Urban REAP: Program Coordinator
- Methodist Children's Home has several openings including After School Care Coordinator and Case Manager (Residential). Head over to their website to view all 16 job postings.
The Art of Relevance by Nina Simon
March 17, 2020 • 6 PM • Location TBA
The Act Locally Waco book club meets every other month to discuss books about issues that we think are important to Waco. For details about when and where we meet, please click here to subscribe to our email distribution list.