Thankful to Keep Waco Beautiful and this wonderful group of volunteers who, along with the Waco Parks and Recreation crew, worked together to establish a new garden at Bledsoe-Miller Community Center!
Featuring native, pollinator and drought-tolerant plants, the sensory garden will include a pathway park visitors can use to stroll through and enjoy the vegetation. A plant identification sign will also be installed in the coming days.
The project was made possible through a Keep Texas Beautiful grant, and we are grateful for beautification projects like these that the entire community can enjoy.
⟶ Sat Jun 10 thru Sat Jun 10
⟶ Sat Jun 10 thru Sat Jun 10
From the blog
Surgeon General’s Advisory on Social Media Effect on Youth Mental Health, PANS Syndrome & Mental Health Support for SchoolsPart of June 15th Teen Suicide Prevention Symposium
Education Service Center Region 12 staff, educators, mental health advocates and care providers will join forces for the 18th Annual…Read More
THE DEEPER MEANING BEHIND NATIONAL DONUT DAY
This food-focused holiday is among the few with roots in charitable service. Waco, TX June 2, 2023 – On the first Friday…Read More
Metropolitan Planning Organization:
The Policy Board of the Waco Metropolitan Planning Organization will meet on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at the South Waco Community Center, 2815 Speight Avenue in…Read More
FREE ADMISSION FOR MOTHERS AT HAWAIIAN FALLS SATURDAY, MAY 13 – SUNDAY, MAY 14
Waterparks Open to the Public Mother’s Day Weekend Moms are the heart of every household. They know what we need…Read More
In Celebration of the Public Library
By: Dr. Peaches Henry I am relieved that the Llano County (Texas) commissioners kept their library system open and returned…Read More
Medicaid renewals are back! Act now to protect your health care coverage
Big changes are coming for Medicaid recipients! People who are on Medicaid must take action now to preserve their benefits…Read More
In the news
Adoptions back in full force at Waco Animal Shelter, intake still limited - Waco Trib
Waco family completes pandemic project of building an elaborate treehouse - KWTX CBS-10
Midway ISD board of trustees names finalist for superintendent position - KWTX CBS-10
Blackhawk Aerospace sells majority interest in Waco-based operation - Waco Trib
Apartment, retail project on Elm Avenue seeking $1.2 million from TIF - Waco Trib
Single-family home construction in Waco dips - Waco Trib
‘Superfan’ has eaten at Whataburger every day for 10 years. Here’s what she’s learned - Fox 44
Jobs & Job Related
Send your job openings to [email protected]
COOPER FOUNDATION is hiring for a full-time Operations Assistant: https://cooperfdn.org/about-us/work-here/
CASA is seeking to fill the following position:Advocate Supervisor: Click here for the job description. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Program Director Chelsea Sanchez at [email protected].
- McLennan County Dispute Resolution Center is seeking a full-time Executive Director and part-time Case Manager/Volunteer Coordinator. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to the transition team at [email protected]. Visit www.drcwaco.com for more information about the organization.
- Mission Waco Mission World has three job openings – Community Organizer (part-time). Visit their website for more information.
- Region 12 Education Service Center is seeking to fill three positions – Administrative Assistant - HOT Workforce Development Board, Secretary Il - Special Education, and Accountant III. Learn more and apply on the Region 12 website.
United Way Waco is looking to hire an Administrative Service Manager. Link to apply: United Way Waco Administrative Service Manager
Educators Credit Union has an opening for a part-time teller. For more information, go to Career Opportunities on their website.
- Waco Habitat for Humanity is seeking a Construction Supervisor to work with volunteers and homeowners to build Habitat homes. See job posting here: https://wacohabitat.org/
- Department of State Health Services Region 7 is seeking a Social Worker/Case Manager. Please click here for more information.
- BAM Builders is seeking a Business Finance Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring BAM's accounting records and financial reports, analyzing statistical information, and managing payroll processes. Apply at Indeed.com.
Kimbrough Street Management is accepting applicants for a Cleaning Professional position. Please post this opening in your weekly newsletter, until it is filled. Victory Employer Services is hiring multiple candidates. The link to apply is: Cleaning Professional.
Heart of Texas Builders Association is seeking an Executive Director. This position is chief administrator for the organization and participates in development of policies. The Executive Director plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates programs and activities of HOTBA to ensure objectives are accomplished, plans fulfilled, and member needs are met. Link to apply: Heart of Texas Builders Association: Executive Director
Greater Waco Legal Services has three open positions:
- Family Abuse Center has three openings: full-time receptionist, full-time legal advocate, and part-time resident advocate.
- Ascension DePaul Center has several open positions: Intake Specialist, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Counselor, and Inpatient Counselor. The license requirements are LMSW, LCSW or LPC. Click on each position to see the details. (The descriptions look similar, but each one is different in details.)
- Four Columns is seeking a Communications Specialist. Our Communications team is responsible for creating outstanding content for our clients, writing press releases, pitching stories to media outlets, and managing social media, among other related duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong ability to work independently to achieve core job functions — and a strong ability to collaborate with a team to create valuable marketing materials for our clients. We are primarily searching for a candidate with technical, oil and gas and/or technology writing experience. Communications team members frequently conduct extensive research into a wide variety of topics, thus the ability and desire to learn continuously are crucial to long-term success. Applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]. More information is at LinkedIn.
- Waco Family Medicine: currently have approximately 34 positions open. Click here to view their postings.
- McLennan Community College – For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board.
- Methodist Children's Home has several openings. Head over to their website to view all 10 job postings.