From the blog
Carver-Indian Spring event fulfills wish list for 50 students
By Josh Wucher Stephanie Marsteller was not expecting a personal call from a popular Instagram personality with millions of followers…Read More
McDurham steps down from MCC Board; application process now open
Doug McDurham, District 1 trustee, has resigned from the McLennan Community College Board of Trustees effective Jan. 1. The Board…Read More
Baylor makes top 25 on two lists
By Baylor staff The list of schools to make U.S. News‘ top 25 for both undergraduate teaching and undergraduate research is a short and impressive…Read More
St. Jerome, H-E-B, Hello Bello pitch in for families
By Angela Daly It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and in the spirit of giving St. Jerome Catholic…Read More
District IV Waco City Council vacancy filing process announced
The application filing period has begun for the District IV Waco City Council vacancy. It will end at 5 pm Tuesday,…Read More
Amazon chooses MCC, Tarleton, Tech as education partners for Career Choice program
Amazon’s Career Choice program has chosen McLennan Community College, Tarleton State University-Waco, and Texas Tech University as education partners for…Read More
Virtual open house for Franklin Avenue improvements
The Texas Department of Transportation is proposing improvements to Spur 298 (Franklin Avenue) from SH 6 to SL 398 (Valley…Read More
Brook Avenue students give 288 pairs of socks to Mission Waco homeless shelter
By Josh Wucher Brook Avenue Elementary School students hope their “Socktober” service project brings winter relief to Mission Waco’s My…Read More
In the news
Adoptions back in full force at Waco Animal Shelter, intake still limited - Waco Trib
Waco family completes pandemic project of building an elaborate treehouse - KWTX CBS-10
Midway ISD board of trustees names finalist for superintendent position - KWTX CBS-10
Blackhawk Aerospace sells majority interest in Waco-based operation - Waco Trib
Apartment, retail project on Elm Avenue seeking $1.2 million from TIF - Waco Trib
Single-family home construction in Waco dips - Waco Trib
‘Superfan’ has eaten at Whataburger every day for 10 years. Here’s what she’s learned - Fox 44
- No announcements right now.
Jobs & Job Related
Send your job openings to [email protected]
CASA is seeking to fill the following position:Advocate Supervisor: Click here for the job description. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Program Director Chelsea Sanchez at [email protected]
- McLennan County Dispute Resolution Center is seeking a full-time Executive Director and part-time Case Manager/Volunteer Coordinator. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to the transition team at [email protected]. Visit www.drcwaco.com for more information about the organization.
- First Presbyterian Church of Waco is seeking a Chancel Choir Director. The position description and application can be found here. In addition to submitting the employment application and a resume, applicants are required to submit a link to an audio or video recording of a vocal performance. A link for a video recording of conducting is optional, but encouraged. Applications are due to [email protected] no later than Feb. 28.
- Mission Waco Mission World has three job openings – Community Organizer (part-time), Maintenance Staff Member (full-time), and Associate Executive Director of Development (full-time). Visit their website for more information.
- Meals on Wheels Waco is seeking a Development Director with experience in nonprofit fundraising.For more information email Kim Klimt at: [email protected] Or send resume with contact info.
Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children has four job openings, including a new one — Grant and Staff Accountant, Counselor, and Rural CAC Client Services Specialist. Here is the center's employment web page.
- Region 12 Education Service Center is seeking to fill three positions – Administrative Assistant - HOT Workforce Development Board, Secretary Il - Special Education, and Accountant III. Learn more and apply on the Region 12 website.
United Way Waco is looking to hire an Administrative Service Manager. Link to apply: United Way Waco Administrative Service Manager
Educators Credit Union has an opening for a part-time teller. For more information, go to Career Opportunities on their website.
- Waco Habitat for Humanity is seeking a Construction Supervisor to work with volunteers and homeowners to build Habitat homes. See job posting here: https://wacohabitat.org/
- Department of State Health Services Region 7 is seeking a Social Worker/Case Manager. Please click here for more information.
- BAM Builders is seeking a Business Finance Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring BAM's accounting records and financial reports, analyzing statistical information, and managing payroll processes. Apply at Indeed.com.
- The Arc of McLennan County is seeking an Executive Director. This is the executive head of the organization and is responsible for providing strategic vision and managerial oversight for all facets of the organization’s administration, fiscal management, resource development, community relations, and programming. More information is available on The Arc's Indeed job posting for the position.
Kimbrough Street Management is accepting applicants for a Cleaning Professional position. Please post this opening in your weekly newsletter, until it is filled. Victory Employer Services is hiring multiple candidates. The link to apply is: Cleaning Professional.
Heart of Texas Builders Association is seeking an Executive Director. This position is chief administrator for the organization and participates in development of policies. The Executive Director plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates programs and activities of HOTBA to ensure objectives are accomplished, plans fulfilled, and member needs are met. Link to apply: Heart of Texas Builders Association: Executive Director
Greater Waco Legal Services has three open positions:
- Family Abuse Center has three openings: full-time receptionist, full-time legal advocate, and part-time resident advocate.
- Ascension DePaul Center has several open positions: Intake Specialist, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Counselor, and Inpatient Counselor. The license requirements are LMSW, LCSW or LPC. Click on each position to see the details. (The descriptions look similar, but each one is different in details.)
- Four Columns is seeking a Communications Specialist. Our Communications team is responsible for creating outstanding content for our clients, writing press releases, pitching stories to media outlets, and managing social media, among other related duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong ability to work independently to achieve core job functions — and a strong ability to collaborate with a team to create valuable marketing materials for our clients. We are primarily searching for a candidate with technical, oil and gas and/or technology writing experience. Communications team members frequently conduct extensive research into a wide variety of topics, thus the ability and desire to learn continuously are crucial to long-term success. Applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]. More information is at LinkedIn.
- The Cove: is looking for two Youth Advocates to join our frontline team working with High School youth experiencing homelessness. Please check out the Job Description for more details about the role and how to apply.
- Waco Family Medicine: currently have approximately 34 positions open. Click here to view their postings.
- McLennan Community College – For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board.
- Methodist Children's Home has several openings. Head over to their website to view all 10 job postings.