Brook Avenue Elementary School students' service project – “Socktober” – provided socks for the homeless through Mission Waco. Way to go, Diane Sriram's class!
From the blog
By Mary Sage Adrianna Prado, a third-year doctoral student in Baylor School of Education’s online EdD in Learning and Organizational…Read More
By Chris Qualls Wild Imaginings, Waco’s only professional theater company, will host the 2022 Epiphanies New Works Festival debuting the…Read More
By Katie Johnson Every year, over 1.2 million students in the United States drop out of high school, and about…Read More
By Ashley Bean Thornton The next gathering of the Act Locally Waco Book Club will be 6-8 pm Nov. 1…Read More
By Jennifer Marshall-Higgins The transition from high school to beyond can be challenging for any student. For students with disabilities…Read More
By Emily Iazzetti For the first time in more than 20 years, the only transitional housing facility for families in…Read More
By Brian ShaversGrassroots Community Development has opened enrollment for a new phase of our highly successful roof repair program to…Read More
In the news
Finalist for Midway ISD Superintendent named - Fox 44 (12/8)
Heroic legacy of Doris Miller commemorated in Waco on Pearl Harbor Day - Waco Tribune-Herald (12/7)
Mart may become water source for arsenic-stricken systems - Waco Tribune-Herald (12/7)
- No announcements right now.
Jobs & Job Related
Send your job openings to [email protected]
- CASA of McLennan County is seeking to hire a part-time CASA Volunteer Trainer. Please click here to view the job description and application instructions.
- BAM Builders is seeking a Business Finance Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring BAM's accounting records and financial reports, analyzing statistical information, and managing payroll processes. Apply at Indeed.com.
- The Arc of McLennan County is seeking an Executive Director. This is the executive head of the organization and is responsible for providing strategic vision and managerial oversight for all facets of the organization’s administration, fiscal management, resource development, community relations, and programming. More information is available on The Arc's Indeed job posting for the position.
Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children has three job openings, including a new one — Counselor, Victims Center Clinical Director, and Crisis Hotline Supervisor/Case Manager. The job descriptions are posted here.
Kimbrough Street Management is accepting applicants for a Cleaning Professional position. Please post this opening in your weekly newsletter, until it is filled. Victory Employer Services is hiring multiple candidates. The link to apply is: Cleaning Professional.
Heart of Texas Builders Association is seeking an Executive Director. This position is chief administrator for the organization and participates in development of policies. The Executive Director plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates programs and activities of HOTBA to ensure objectives are accomplished, plans fulfilled, and member needs are met. Link to apply: Heart of Texas Builders Association: Executive Director
Waco Habitat for Humanity has an opening.Homeowner/community engagement manager. This role leads in homeowner selection and support for all new homeowner programs. This position is further charged with empowering low-income families to become successful homeowners. This position also engages the community through volunteer recruitment and coordination and promotes Habitat through social media.
Greater Waco Legal Services has three open positions:
- Family Abuse Center has three openings: full-time receptionist, full-time legal advocate, and part-time resident advocate.
- Public Health Region 7 within the Texas Department of State Health Services is looking to fill its regional communications and multimedia position.
- ESC Region 12 is looking for 2-3 folks for positions in digital marketing & communications & multimedia. View All Job Openings: https://esc12.tedk12.com/
- Ascension DePaul Center has several open positions: Intake Specialist, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Counselor, and Inpatient Counselor. The license requirements are LMSW, LCSW or LPC. Click on each position to see the details. (The descriptions look similar, but each one is different in details.)
- Four Columns is seeking a Communications Specialist. Our Communications team is responsible for creating outstanding content for our clients, writing press releases, pitching stories to media outlets, and managing social media, among other related duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong ability to work independently to achieve core job functions — and a strong ability to collaborate with a team to create valuable marketing materials for our clients. We are primarily searching for a candidate with technical, oil and gas and/or technology writing experience. Communications team members frequently conduct extensive research into a wide variety of topics, thus the ability and desire to learn continuously are crucial to long-term success. Applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]. More information is at LinkedIn.
- The Cove: is looking for two Youth Advocates to join our frontline team working with High School youth experiencing homelessness. Please check out the Job Description for more details about the role and how to apply.
- Waco Family Medicine: currently have approximately 34 positions open. Click here to view their postings.
- McLennan Community College – For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board.
- Methodist Children's Home has several openings. Head over to their website to view all 10 job postings.
- Mission Waco Meyer Center has multiple job openings. Visit their website for more information.