2022 Waco NAACP Scholarships
Rev. Robert L. and Mrs. Elwayne Y. J. Gilbert Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to an
African American graduate of a McLennan County high school who plans to enroll at Baylor University.
Preference will be given to students who are interested in Rev. and Mrs. Gilbert’s threefold passions:
ministry, public education, or civic activism.
Vivienne Malone-Mayes Scholarships: These scholarships will be awarded to a graduate of a
McLennan County high school who intends to attend a community college and to a graduate of a
McLennan County high school who intends to attend a four-year college or university.
Dr. Mae Jackson Continuing Student Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of a
McLennan County high school who will be a continuing student at a four-year college or university.
Eligibility: Applicant must:
- Currently be a high school senior,
- Plan to attend a community college or four-year college/university,
- Have a 2.5 or higher GPA for graduating seniors.
Eligibility for Dr. Mae Jackson Continuing Student Scholarship: Applicant must:
- Currently attending a four-year college or university,
- Be a continuing college student (rising sophomore, junior, or senior),
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
Application Requirements: (Should be submitted via email to [email protected])
- Completed scholarship application form
- Official copy of current high school or college transcript. Contact your school’s registrar to have
your transcript emailed by the deadline.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters should be submitted on letterhead by teachers,
employers, or individuals who know your academic performance, service, or character.
- Proof of community service, leadership, and work ethic. This may be provided as part of a
resume or as a list. Please do not send actual certificates, awards, etc.
- Essay (250-300 words) on the scholarship essay topic (word-processed, double-spaced)
Applications must arrive by midnight on April 4. Applications received after the deadline will
NOT be considered. Students unable to email applications may send them by USPS to Waco
NAACP; P.O. Box 20511; Waco, TX 76702. Applications must be RECEIVED by April 4;
postmarked applications will not be considered.
Applications may be obtained from area high school counselors, emailing [email protected]
or by visiting the website www.waconaacp.org.
Leave a Comment