March is shaping up to be the month of music here in Waco. This weekend, Waco is showing up for the music scene in preparation for SXSW, Austin’s South by Southwest Music Festival. Waco venues all over the city will be having shows with local bands and performers. Some of our local performers will even showcase at the SXSW festival next weekend. Go out and be loud this weekend and support our local artists and music community, Wacotown!
Local artists, Pirscription and Wacotron are heading to the festival this year. ‘Script has attended SXSW for some seven years, but this time he will performing at The Smoke Out ATX’s official SXSW showcase. With a recently released album, “This is Change” hitting the Top #100 list on ITunes in all genres and ranked #3 in Rap/Hip Hop category it’s safe to say this year is off to a great start for the artist! Also, check out the Private Hip Hop Podcast with Rogue Media Network for more on local (and beyond) up and coming artists.
The Music community is continuing to grow with the recent Live Showcase Saturdays with the new addition of The Texas Music Cafe at 600 Columbus Ave. This addition to the Waco downtown sphere has been drawing musical artists and acts from across the country. Plus, the Backyard here in Waco is building quite a reputation with names like Snoop Dogg and the Rapper Nelly!
- Join in Friday March 11th for the free East Waco Music Fest held at Brotherwell Brewing, 400 E. Bridge st. Friday’s music festival will feature Pirscription & Friends, WacoTron, J Soulja, Kam KT and DQ Hampton, DJ Precyse, The DiMaggios, Ben Atkins and the Tent Revival, and American Merit. Brotherwell Brewing opens the show at 5 p.m. with music from DJ Matt At Home starting at 6 p.m..
- Usher in the spring season with Magnolia Market at the Silos along with dozens of makers, artisans, and vendors from across the country, who are bringing their passions and products right here to Waco. Shop the vendor fair from 9 am to 6 pm each day, enjoy live music from 9:30 am to 5:20 pm, and experience a whole lot more. While you shop, eat, and play on the grounds, you can enjoy live music by artists from across the country.
- The Texas Music Cafe will dedicate its next two Saturday night shows at Nexus Esports, 600 Columbus Ave., to performers with SXSW or Austin connections. This Saturday’s show, March 12th, offers well-known Waco-area musician John Dempsy, and Waco rock ’n’ roll band Far From Reach.
- Rogue Media Network is proud to host four amazing out-of-town bands with some roots to the Cen-Tex area. The bands are making the trek to Waco for an awesome night of original music and jams. We have Longmire from Conroe, TX, Cujo & the Wide Open from Spring, TX, Garden Party from Conroe, TX, and Dayblazer from Fort Worth, TX. It’s going to be a fun night of hanging and enjoying music in downtown Waco. This event is sponsored by Music Magic Art!
- Come celebrate Truelove’s 10th year with a full day of live music featuring: Richard Donavann, Leaf Village, The Hawks & The Found, Dead Horse Creek, Rewound, and The Dimaggios. After the show, the party continues as DJ Rewound spins the freshest of tunes on the back patio, Faux Maux will be offering a custom menu to commemorate the event, and the stage will be turned over to the patrons for an evening of karaoke.
- Come see LA duo, Junaco, on their road trip to SXSW for a night of music and vibes in Waco Tuesday, March 15th at Cultivate 7Twelve. Bring your friends and your family to hear mellow bursts of epiphany and pleas of gentle seduction that give way to driving grooves. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 8 p.m..
- On March 17th hit up The Backyard for Bishop Reicher’s biggest party of the year – the Saint Patrick’s Day Bash! The featured entertainment for the evening will be The Huser Brother Band, born and raised in Waco. You will enjoy the Brother’s soulful, rockin’, country mix. In addition, there will be delicious food and, of course, plenty of beverages. Get your tickets now and get ready for a fantastic evening to help support Bishop Reicher Catholic School!
- With the newly-released debut album “Timeless Present”, singer-songwriter Ryan The Son is moving onto the scene. Fans of Indie Pop, RnB, Singer-Songwriter, and even Hip-Hop can find their voice at some point in each genre blending music project and performance. “Ry & Friends” is a collaboration between Ryan The Son and Growing Pens (a local community of writers), where the aim is to host a night of creative expression and organic connection. This will include short performances by local writers/poets, brief crowd Q&A, and a full performance of reimagined songs by Ryan The Son and his band. Join them March 18th at Common Grounds around 6:30 p.m. for a great time.