Brook Avenue Elementary School students' service project – “Socktober” – provided socks for the homeless through Mission Waco. Way to go, Diane Sriram's class!
⟶ Wed Feb 1 thru Tue Jan 31
⟶ Fri Feb 3 thru Fri Feb 24
From the blog
By Mary Sage Adrianna Prado, a third-year doctoral student in Baylor School of Education’s online EdD in Learning and Organizational…Read More
By Chris Qualls Wild Imaginings, Waco’s only professional theater company, will host the 2022 Epiphanies New Works Festival debuting the…Read More
By Katie Johnson Every year, over 1.2 million students in the United States drop out of high school, and about…Read More
By Ashley Bean Thornton The next gathering of the Act Locally Waco Book Club will be 6-8 pm Nov. 1…Read More
By Jennifer Marshall-Higgins The transition from high school to beyond can be challenging for any student. For students with disabilities…Read More
In the news
Single-family home construction in Waco dips - Waco Trib
- No announcements right now.
Jobs & Job Related
Send your job openings to [email protected]
- Region 12 Education Service Center is seeking to fill three positions – Administrative Assistant - HOT Workforce Development Board, Secretary Il - Special Education, and Accountant III. Learn more and apply on the Region 12 website.
- CASA of McLennan County is seeking an Outreach Director. The position is responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and oversight of agency communication, marketing, and recruitment efforts, with the goal of creating greater community awareness of the CASA mission and recruiting new volunteer advocates. This position is also expected to support the Executive Director in communication functions related to agency fund development efforts. Please click here to access the job description. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Anna Futral, [email protected].
United Way Waco is looking to hire an Administrative Service Manager. Link to apply: United Way Waco Administrative Service Manager
Educators Credit Union has an opening for a part-time teller. For more information, go to Career Opportunities on their website.
- Waco Habitat for Humanity is seeking a Construction Supervisor to work with volunteers and homeowners to build Habitat homes. See job posting here: https://wacohabitat.org/
- Department of State Health Services Region 7 is seeking a Social Worker/Case Manager. Please click here for more information.
- BAM Builders is seeking a Business Finance Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring BAM's accounting records and financial reports, analyzing statistical information, and managing payroll processes. Apply at Indeed.com.
- The Arc of McLennan County is seeking an Executive Director. This is the executive head of the organization and is responsible for providing strategic vision and managerial oversight for all facets of the organization’s administration, fiscal management, resource development, community relations, and programming. More information is available on The Arc's Indeed job posting for the position.
Kimbrough Street Management is accepting applicants for a Cleaning Professional position. Please post this opening in your weekly newsletter, until it is filled. Victory Employer Services is hiring multiple candidates. The link to apply is: Cleaning Professional.
Heart of Texas Builders Association is seeking an Executive Director. This position is chief administrator for the organization and participates in development of policies. The Executive Director plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates programs and activities of HOTBA to ensure objectives are accomplished, plans fulfilled, and member needs are met. Link to apply: Heart of Texas Builders Association: Executive Director
Greater Waco Legal Services has three open positions:
- Family Abuse Center has three openings: full-time receptionist, full-time legal advocate, and part-time resident advocate.
- Public Health Region 7 within the Texas Department of State Health Services is looking to fill its regional communications and multimedia position.
- Ascension DePaul Center has several open positions: Intake Specialist, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Counselor, and Inpatient Counselor. The license requirements are LMSW, LCSW or LPC. Click on each position to see the details. (The descriptions look similar, but each one is different in details.)
- Four Columns is seeking a Communications Specialist. Our Communications team is responsible for creating outstanding content for our clients, writing press releases, pitching stories to media outlets, and managing social media, among other related duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong ability to work independently to achieve core job functions — and a strong ability to collaborate with a team to create valuable marketing materials for our clients. We are primarily searching for a candidate with technical, oil and gas and/or technology writing experience. Communications team members frequently conduct extensive research into a wide variety of topics, thus the ability and desire to learn continuously are crucial to long-term success. Applicants can send their resumes to [email protected]. More information is at LinkedIn.
- The Cove: is looking for two Youth Advocates to join our frontline team working with High School youth experiencing homelessness. Please check out the Job Description for more details about the role and how to apply.
- Waco Family Medicine: currently have approximately 34 positions open. Click here to view their postings.
- McLennan Community College – For more information or other jobs at MCC, see MCC’s Job Board.
- Methodist Children's Home has several openings. Head over to their website to view all 10 job postings.
- Mission Waco Meyer Center has multiple job openings. Visit their website for more information.